Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales
Embassy Suites Denton
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales activity goals, including outside sales, for self and for the team as directed by standard operating procedures.
- Leads, trains & mentors sales staff including recruitment and hiring, coaching development, performing evaluations, and progressive discipline.
- Collaborate on the creation, management and operation within departmental budget and expense plans.
- Responsible for marketing all food and beverage outlets.
- Recognized as the driver of all sales revenues and ensures the quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved for the hotel.
- Develops sales marketing plan and evaluates trends to modify strategies that will enhance revenues effectively.
- Develops sales action plans and forecast and evaluates trends to modify strategies that will enhance revenues effectively.
- Ensures hotel participation in brand sales and revenue management initiatives.
- Ensures that hotel credit procedures and audit guidelines are followed.
- Attends and participates in property revenue meetings insuring revenue maximization and profit in all areas.
- Represents the company within the community, maintaining a positive rapport with local organizations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required reports are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Embrace O’Reach, Green Team, Guest Service, Team Member Satisfaction, Health & Wellness, and Safety culture
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership, management, organizational and communication skills.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Have computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SalesPro or Delphi, etc.
- Presenting professionally and persuasively to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrating sound knowledge of the product and services offered.
- Working independently and demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all times.
- Developing sales relationships within the community by attending community activities such as Chamber of Commerce activities and Convention and Visitors Bureau activities.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
- Ability to motivate team members to work as a team to ensure service meets appropriate OHM and brand standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to challenges.
- The ability to deliver results.
- The ability to work well with, as well as motivate, a variety of personality types and maintain tact and diplomacy throughout all interactions.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize, managing competing deadlines.
- Models behaviors to effectively motivate, lead, and develop the team.
- Comfortable with the high level of visibility and the leadership role with the hotel and community.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree required, Hospitality Management degree preferred or relevant experience
- 2-4 years Sales experience; Hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Current Driver’s license required.
- Reliable transportation for travel to regional locations. Traveling by vehicle or air to various locations, conferences, etc.
- Due to the nature of the business, scheduling may vary and include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Light Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists up to 2/3 or most of the time) to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- May be required to lift in excess of 40 pounds on occasion.
Physical Activity of the Position:
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, picking/pinching with fingers, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion.
- General interior office environment.
- Minimum distraction primarily from phones and brief interruptions.
- Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 417-851-8700.
A job description does not list the entire job duties a supervisor or manager may occasionally ask a team member to perform. A team member’s evaluation is based, in part, upon their performance of tasks listed and other duties that may be assigned. Management reserves the right to revise the job description from time to time. This job description is not a contract of employment, and either the team member or the employer may terminate the job at any time for any reason. Individual will be required to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
O’Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.